Monday, March 14, 2016

Salvaging an Old Door


I found this old door stored in the mudroom behind an old exterior door. We plan to gut the china closet in Christian's dining room of very damaged plaster walls, hang sheet rock, install shelves and frame in this door that I stripped. It is missing the old thumb latch on the handle but I'll get one from ebay.


This room will remain just stripped or scraped of some paint and scrubbed clean since Christian and two others will move in this summer. The style will be like this farmhouse in Shropshire, Wales I hope.
(Images via Pinterest and Vogue, by Francois Halard.)



1 comment:

  1. That is neat! I have never seen this done before but it is certainly eye-catching. It almost makes you wonder about the back story to the house, and the walls. Revealing the older colors that were there and had been painted over for years and years makes you wonder about who painted the first coat. I think the door will be a great addition for the theme of the room, and I can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete