Friday, August 16, 2013

Washstands


I found this wrought iron washstand in a Hopewell antique store ready for a coat of paint...


and an enamel bowl and pitcher I happened to have...


some towels and a soap holder.

This washstand will go on the upstairs landing at Old Farm, is painted here a "glacial" color the stairs will be, and can be moved into either bedroom to be used. Also, the nightstand in the larger bedroom is a washstand which I've added an enamel bowl to inside, as well as towels and soap. When all of the beds are filled at Old Farm, these just might get some use. 

Washstands upstairs are another green solution for us as the upstairs remains without plumbing or major insulation.


This old Swedish washstand is very similar to the one in our loft and converted for use. It has the same Christian 8th style top which opens to the wash bowl. I think I'll put a towel hook on the side of ours, or above it?     from Gustavian Nordic

No comments:

Post a Comment