Monday, June 4, 2012

Spring Sprinklers



Early one morning in spring at Old Farm, I woke to hear water sprinklers starting up at the neighbors’.  The sun was barely up and shining on Bill’s garden sculptures, so I stayed in bed a bit longer, and thought that I should have some sprinklers in my new large garden. Back in Hopewell I had a friend with a collection of antique water sprinklers in cast iron and brass. She gave me two of them, for Old Farm! Bill had fun refurbishing and spraying them with a can of left-over John Deere green enamel paint. We bought a third vintage sprinkler on ebay to complete a network to be placed in the triangular garden and connected with pieces of an old garden hose we inherited at Old Farm.







Sun Rising...



What a great way to use up parts of a broken hose and a few logs we hadn't split yet (Bill's idea)! 

“Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh…”

No comments:

Post a Comment